Wednesday, 9 April 2014

YSL Gloss Voluptés - Rose Orfevre 19

Hello beauties,

I know its been a while since I've done a beauty post so I knew once I did it would have to be on something special.

If you follow me on Instagram you would have seen one of my Mothers Day's present was a YSL Gloss Voluptés in Rose Orfevre (19). The shade is a peachy pink with a slight golden shimmer which looks gorgeous reflecting in the light. Normally I don't really like lip glosses as I find them heavy and sticky however much to my surprise this is far from it, its not sticky but smooth and feels light on my lips. One thing that really caught my attention was the smell, its smells of grapefruit which I love but it is fairly powering but I don't find this to bother me.
It's highly pigmented especially for a lipgloss and lasts on my lips maybe for an hour or two but I didn't expect much considering lip glosses never last as long as a lipstick. It's the perfect shade to wear every day or if you have a heavy smokey eye look its great to pop on your lips as it gives subtle colour.
In a very typical YSL style is comes beautifully packaged in its famous gold packaging. Like the rest of YSL products it stands out compared to my other makeup and looks so very luxurious. I love the YSL silver band round it and the fact you can see the gorgeous colour clearly. Whats interesting about the design of this lipgloss is the kiss shaped applicator it has. I didn't think it would make much difference but it does in fact make it much easier to apply and have the right amount on the brush unlike other applicators.
Overall this is the only lipgloss I truly am loving so far. It's a beautiful colour, lovely packaged and don't feel sticky on my lips (my pet hate about lip glosses!). However for £21 it is expensive and I feel for a lipgloss it may not be worth it as it doesn't last as long as my lipsticks. Needless to say it definitely is a treat and if I feel like I want spurge out I will get another one of their lipsticks. This will be one of them items I will be careful how much I use as its very special to me!

What do you think of YSL Gloss Voluptés?
Do you have any other YSL products that you love?






6 comments:

  1. £21 is pretty pricey if it doesn't have great staying power but it looks great on you!
    Love From Sammie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite lip product at the moment - it's gorgeous to wear and with lovely pigmentation :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  3. This lip gloss is PERFECT , LOVE IT !!! BTW : U Have the cutest baby on earth !!! god bless

    N@NY

    - Am having a comparison between Audrey & Marilyn just to get you thinking differently ,
    come read my article & share your ideas with me

    http://artofnanyslife.blogspot.com/

    P.S. Follow me on insta & i will instantly follow back @nanyslife

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never tried YSL lipgloss before but this one seems really pretty colour. It looks great on you! Anyway, I just found your blog and really like it! Would you like to follow each other to stay in touch? Let me know, thanks :) xx

    Kiss me Sunday // Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the packaging and this looks gorgeous on you xxx

    ReplyDelete